Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Toddlers!

You know that classic list of job titles that you see posted everywhere? 


Moms are: chefs, chauffeurs, house cleaners, maids, dog walkers, etc., etc.  
Yup - we do it all.


I feel like another should be added to that list as it is clearly missing:


Referee.


I feel more and more like a referee these days than anything else - especially now with two toddlers who are both expressing themselves with their budding language skills while simultaneously exhibiting those not-so-desirable behaviors that make this phase of childhood a seemingly dreaded one. Well, at least until the teenage years ;)


Until then, I'm thinking of investing in this sign from Land of Nod:







Now only if they could read it to remind themselves instead of my seemingly incessant raised voice ever-so-kindly.


(Trust me, we are working on it!)


I'd love to hear what new roles you find yourselves in as your babies and kids grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment