Tuesday, April 24, 2012

EWG's Cleaning Product Hall of Shame - sneak peek!




I love Environmental Working Group. They are a fantastic resource for researching the harmful contents of what is in tons of products, skin care, shampoos, baby products and so much more.

I use their Skin Deep Cosmetics Database quite often.  If you haven't done so yet, I would do so immediately!

I received word last night that they are creating a new database of household cleaners this coming fall but are offering a sneak peek - I'm quite excited for this!  I've made a huge effort over the past five years to go very green in our home.  You can view my simple and easy tips here.  I use non-toxic cleaners and I've greened products that come in direct contact with our bodies - all the way to the sunscreen we use - click here for that post!

Okay - back to EWG.

According to their email:

"Environmental Working Group is giving you a tool to help you figure out which cleaning products don't belong in your house. The EWG Cleaners Hall of Shame provides you with the names of some of the worst offenders out there, so you can begin the process of purging your home of these harmful cleaners."


Not only is their goal to help educate about harmful chemicals found in everyday cleaners - but they are making it easy to help avoid them all together by naming names and brands.

For the sneak peek - please view it here.

For the complete current hall of shame PDF - please go here.

If you have any questions on how to go green in your home for your family, please contact me anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment